商务英语常用的动词(商务英语-如何描述趋势)

发布日期:2024-05-18 07:36:16     作者:余家辉     手机:https://m.xinb2b.cn/know/wzv356131.html     违规举报

Hi, I'm Kasia.,下面我们就来说一说关于商务英语常用的动词?我们一起去了解并探讨一下这个问题吧!

商务英语常用的动词(商务英语-如何描述趋势)

商务英语常用的动词

Hi, I'm Kasia.

嗨,我是卡西亚。

In this lesson, you can learn how to describe trends and statistics, with a focus on business English use.

在本节课程中,你将学习如何描述趋势和统计数据,侧重的方面是商务英语的使用。

That means you'll learn how to describe sales figures, market trends, and company successes or failures.

这就意味着你将学习如何描述销售数据、市场趋势以及公司的成功和失败。

You'll see useful language to talk about statistics in different ways, including how to describe line graphs, proportions and pie charts, and comparing different trends.

你将看到一些有用的语言来以不同的方式谈论统计信息,包括如何描述折线图、比例图和饼图,以及比较不同的趋势。

Do you want English subtitles while watching this video?

你在观看视频时是否需要英文字幕呢?

Click the 'CC' button in the bottom right now to turn on English subtitles if you need them.

如果需要的话,请点击右下角的“CC”按钮打开英文字幕。

On a mobile device, tap the settings button.

如果是在移动设备上的话,请点击设置按钮。

Now, let's look at our first topic: how to describe sales figures in different time periods.

现在,让我们看一下第一个主题:如何描述不同时间段的销售数据。

Sales to the 18 to 35 age group increased consistently over the year.

在过去一年,18至35岁这个年龄段的销售额持续增长。

Sales rose from just under two million in the first quarter to a little over two million by the end of Q4. Sales were strongest overall to the 36 to 50 demographic, with figures improving by five million between Q1 and Q3. However, the most spectacular results were seen in Q4; sales doubled from Q3, reaching a peak of 15 million.

销售额从第一季度的不到200万增长到第四季度末的200多万。总体而言,36 岁到 50 岁这一年龄段销售收入最强劲,第一季度至第三季度之间的数据增长了500万。然而,最惊人的结果出现在第四季度;与第三季度相比,销售额翻了一番,达到了1500万的峰值。

From the 55 to 65 group, results were solid but there was only a negligible increase for the full year.

对于55至65岁的这一组而言,数据比较稳定,全年的增长微乎其微。

Sales initially fell between Q1 and Q2, but recovered from four million in Q2 to 6.5 million by the end of Q4. Finally, sales to those aged 66 and up decreased steadily throughout the year.

销售额最初在第一季度和第二季度之间略有下降,但从第二季度的400万恢复到第四季度末的650万。最后,66岁及以上人群的销售额稳步下降。

Sales fell from eight million in the first quarter to two million by the end of Q4. There was a particularly pronounced decline between Q2 and Q3, when sales dropped by three million.

销售额从第一季度的800万下降到第四季度末的200万。在第二季度和第三季度之间出现了特别明显的下降,销售额下降了300万。

Look at a sentence.

让我们看一个句子。

What word could you use to complete the sentence?

你可以用什么词来完成这个句子?

There's more than one possible answer!

可能答案不只一个!

Pause the video and think about it.

暂停视频并考虑一下。

Try to get as many answers as you can.

尝试去想尽可能多的答案。

You could also say 'grew', 'improved', or 'climbed'.

你也可以说“增长”、“提升”或“攀升”。

Note that you can only use 'improve' if you're talking about something positive.

请注意,如果你在谈论积极的事情的话,只能使用“improve”。

All these verbs follow the same pattern.

所有这些动词都遵循相同的模式。

However, you can use them in other ways.

但是,你可以通过其他方式使用它们。

Look at two sentences.

看两个句子。

Do you know the difference?

你知道这有什么区别吗?

Could you explain it?

你能解释一下吗?

Let's do this by example.

让我们通过例子来看一下吧。

If these are the figures, which is correct?

如果数字是这样的话,哪个是正确的?

Did sales increase to 1,000, or by 1,000?

销售额增加到1,000还是增加了1000?

The correct answer is: 'Sales increased to 1,000'.

正确的答案是:“销售量增加到1,000”。

What about 'increased by'?

那“增加了”呢?

What would the numbers look like?

数字会是什么样的?

If sales increased by 1,000, the numbers might look like this.

如果销售额增加了1000的话,则数字可能看起来像是这样。

The same rule works with the other verbs you saw before: 'rise', 'grow', 'improve' and 'climb'.

同样的规则也适用于你之前看到的其他动词:“上升”、“增长”、“提升”和“攀升”。

Look at one more sentence: How many words could you use to complete this sentence?

让我们再来看一个句子:你可以使用多少个单词来完成这句话?

You could say 'decrease', but again there are other possibilities; 'fall' and 'drop' are also common.

你可以说“减少”,但是还有其他可能性; “降低”和“下降”也很常见。

You could also use 'decline', although it's rarer as a verb.

你也可以使用“decline”,尽管它作为动词很少见。

You can use the same patterns you saw before.

你可以使用你之前看过的相同的结构。

For example, you can say that something decreased from something to something.

例如,你可以说某物从多少减少到多少。

Or, you can use 'by' after these verbs.

或者,你可以在这些动词后使用“by”。

Finally, many of these verbs can also be used as nouns.

最后,这些动词中的很多也可以用作名词。

For example: 'There was a large increase in sales figures in the first quarter of the year.' 'There was a steady fall in advertising revenues throughout 2019.' 'We experienced a sudden drop in web traffic in August.' In some cases, the noun form is different, as in 'grow — growth', or 'improve — improvement'.

例如:“今年第一季度的销售数字大幅增加。”‘整个2019年,广告收入稳步下降。’“八月份,我们的网络流量突然下降。”在某些情况下,名词形式会有所不同,例如“grow — growth”或“improve — improvement”。

You can use these nouns in the way you just saw.

你可以按照刚才看到的方式使用这些名词。

For example: 'There was a steady growth in advertising revenues throughout 2019.' Now, you should have many different ways to describe trends.

例如:“整个2019年广告收入稳定增长。”你应该有多种不同的方式来描述趋势。

Let's see how you can describe percentages and proportions.

让我们看看如何描述百分比和比例。

More than half (55%) of our sales were vehicle insurance.

我们一半以上(55%)的收入是车辆保险。

The second highest performer was home insurance, making up one-fifth of policies sold.

第二高的是房屋保险,占售出保单的五分之一。

Life and health insurance each comprised ten per cent of total sales, while travel insurance accounted for the smallest percentage of sales, at just five per cent.

人寿和健康保险分别占总销售额的10%,而旅行保险在总销售额中所占的比例最小,仅为5%。

If you want to talk about percentages and proportions, you'll need to use different language compared to talking about trends and quantities.

如果你要谈论百分比和比例的话,则与谈论趋势和数量相比,你需要使用不同的语言。

Look at some sentences you heard in the presentation.

看一下你在演示中听到的一些句子。

Can you remember the missing words?

你能记住遗漏的单词吗?

Pause the video and try to find the answers.

暂停视频,然后尝试找到答案。

If you want, you can also go back and review the presentation.

如果需要的话,你也可以返回并查看演示。

Ready?

准备好了吗?

Let's check.

让我们检查一下吧。

To talk about proportions, you might need to talk about fractions, like in sentence one.

要谈论比例的话,你可能需要谈论分数,就像第一句话一样。

Do you know other words for fractions in English?

你知道英语中描述分数的其他单词吗?

You can say 'a third', 'a quarter', 'a fifth', and so on.

你可以说“三分之一”、“四分之一”、“五分之一”,依此类推。

Then, you can add words like 'more than' or 'less than' to describe things more accurately.

然后,你可以添加例如“大于”或“小于”之类的词来更准确地进行描述。

For example: 'Less than a third of customers said they would recommend us to a friend.' 'More than three quarters of purchases were through our website.' You might also need verbs like 'comprise' or 'account for.

例如:“不到三分之一的客户表示会推荐我们给朋友。”“超过四分之三的购物是通过我们的网站进行的。”您可能还需要动词,例如“comprise”或“account for”。

A similar verb is 'make up'.

类似的动词是“make up”。

You heard 'The second highest performer was home insurance, making up one-fifth of policies sold.' You can use these verbs with percentages or fractions.

你听到“第二高的是房屋保险,占售出保单的五分之一。”你可以将这些动词与百分比或分数一起使用。

For example, you can say 'Clothing sales accounted for 80% of our revenue last year.' Or, you could say 'Clothing sales accounted for four-fifths of our revenue last year.' Again, you can add a modifier, like 'more than' or 'approximately', if you need to.

例如,你可以说“服装销售占我们去年收入的80%。”或者,你可以说:“服装销售额占我们去年收入的五分之四。”同样地,如果需要的话,你可以添加修饰词,例如“大于”或“大约”。

For example: 'Clothing sales accounted for approximately four-fifths of our revenue last year.' Or: 'Clothing sales accounted for just under four-fifths of our revenue last year.' In this way, you can describe a wide range of figures as precisely as you need to.

例如:“服装销售约占我们去年收入的五分之四。”或者:“服装销售额占我们去年收入的五分之四。”这样,你可以根据需要精确地描述各种图表。

Let's move on to our next point: describing rates of change.

让我们来到下一部分:描述变化率。

In Europe, the number of new customers fluctuated between 2017 and 2020, but overall numbers remained constant, with figures for 2020 very close to those for the beginning of the period.

在欧洲,2017年至2020年之间的新客户数量有所波动,但总体数量保持不变,2020年的数字非常接近期初的数字。

In Asia, numbers increased in every year, but between 2019 and 2020 there was a dramatic rise, reaching a peak of 30 million new customers gained in 2020. Customer acquisition in the Americas saw steady growth, with numbers rising by around five million each year.

在亚洲,数字每年都在增加,但在2019年至2020年之间急剧增加,到2020年达到了3000万新客户的峰值。美洲地区的客户购置稳定增长,每年增长约500万。

In the Middle East and North Africa, the number of new customers Collapsed between 2017 and 2018, reaching a low point of just half a million in 2018. Customer acquisition figures then levelled off, with only small fluctuations over the remaining period.

在中东和北非,新客户数量在2017年至2018年期间暴跌,到2018年仅达到50万的低点。随后,客户量趋于稳定,在剩余期间仅有很小的波动。

Let's look at some language you saw in the presentation.

让我们看看你在演示中看到的一些语言。

Look at the highlighted words.

看看标亮单词。

Imagine that you want to explain what they mean to a colleague who hasn't seen them before.

想象一下,你想向从未见过他们的同事解释它们的含义。

How would you explain the words in English?

你将如何用英语解释这些单词?

Think about it!

想想看!

If a figure fluctuates, it moves up and down, but the overall change is small.

如果数字波动的话,它会上下移动,但总体变化很小。

Here, it means that the number increased and decreased in different years, but that the number in 2020 was close to the number for 2017. A dramatic rise means a really large, sudden increase.

在这里,这意味着不同年份的数量会增加和减少,但是2020年的数量接近2017年的数量。急剧的上升意味着巨大的突然增长。

'Dramatic' is a strong word, so don't overuse it — save it for exceptional cases.

“戏剧性的”是一个很强的词,因此请不要过度使用它——只在特殊情况下使用。

If you want other words to describe a large increase, you could say 'a significant rise', 'a considerable rise' or 'a large rise'.

如果你想用其他的词汇来描述大幅度增加的话,则可以说‘a significant rise’,‘a considerable rise’ 或 ‘a large rise’。

Remember that 'increase' can also be used as a noun, so you can say 'a dramatic rise' or 'a dramatic increase'.

请记住,“increase”也可以用作名词,因此你可以说“急剧增加”或“剧烈增加”。

You can say 'a significant rise' or 'a significant increase', and so on.

你可以说“大幅增长”或“很大的增长”,依此类推。

'Steady growth' means that something increases at a constant rate over a period of time.

“稳定增长”是指在一段时间内某些事物以恒定的速度增长。

You can also say 'gradual growth' or 'continuous growth', with a similar meaning.

你也可以说“渐进增长”或“持续增长”,意思相似。

Finally, in sentence four, 'collapse' means to decrease by a large amount in a short time.

最后,在第四句中,“collapse”是指在短时间内大量减少。

'Collapse' has the meaning of something negative or destructive.

“Collapse”的含义是消极或破坏性的。

Generally, if something collapses, then it doesn't exist any more.

通常来说,如果某个东西崩溃了,那么它就不复存在了。

'Collapse' can be a verb or a noun.

“Collapse”可以用作动词或名词。

You can use it as a noun like this: 'After the collapse of the company, thousands were made redundant.' Now, let's look at our final point.

你可以将其用作名词,就像这样:“公司倒闭后,成千上万的人被裁掉了。”现在让我们来看最后一点。

2020 was a strong year for our vehicle insurance arm.

就我们的车辆保险业务而言,2020年是增长强劲的一年。

In fact, in the second half of the year, sales hit their highest levels ever, which made a significant contribution to our record profits for the year.

实际上,在下半年,销售达到了有史以来的最高水平,为我们当年的创纪录利润做出了重大贡献。

The home insurance division also did well, with a solid performance throughout 2020. Although life insurance constituted a small proportion of our total, sales nonetheless outperformed expectations, and we're hoping to build on that growth in 2021. On the other hand, our health insurance division had a disappointing year, with sales falling well below expectations.

房屋保险部门也表现良好,在2020年全年表现稳定。尽管人寿保险仅占我们总量的一小部分,但销售额仍超出了预期,我们希望在2021年的基础上继续增长。另一方面,我们的健康保险部门的业绩令人失望,销售额远低于预期。

Challenging market conditions led to a significant increase in customer acquisition costs, meaning that profitability was also negatively impacted.

充满挑战的市场条件导致客户购置成本大幅增加,这意味着盈利能力也受到负面影响。

Sales of travel insurance were also poor, although broadly in line with predictions.

旅行保险的销售也很差,尽管与预期基本相符。

Look at some sentences from the presentation relating to a strong sales performance.

看一下演示有关强劲销售业绩的一些句子。

Can you remember or guess the missing words?

你能记住或猜到遗漏的单词吗?

Pause the video and try to find your answers.

暂停视频,然后试试找到答案。

Let's take a look.

让我们来看一看。

Sales figures can be strong if they're better than expected.

如果销售数据好于预期,则可能会很强劲。

You can also use general words like 'good' or 'excellent'.

你也可以使用“好”或“很棒”之类的通用词汇。

In sentence two, you can also say 'reached'.

在第二句中,你也可以说“达到”。

If sales hit their highest levels ever, then you could say that you set a new record.

如果销售达到有史以来的最高水平,那么你可以说创造了新的记录。

You set a new record when you reach a level which is better than you ever have in the past.

当你达到比以往更高的水平时,将创下新的记录。

In sentence three, 'outperform' means to perform better than expected.

在第三句中,“outperform”意味着表现要好于预期。

The opposite verb is 'underperform', so if figures are worse than expected, you could say that a department or a company underperformed.

相反的动词是“underperform”,因此,如果数据比预期的要差的话,你可以说部门或公司的表现不佳。

What if sales were poor?

如果销售不佳怎么办呢?

Look at three more sentences.

再看三个句子。

Can you remember the missing words?

你能记住遗漏的单词吗?

You know what to do!

你知道该做什么!

Pause the video and get your answers now.

暂停视频并立即思考答案。

Could you remember?

你还记得吗?

Let's look together.

让我们一起看看吧。

If sales are worse than you expected, you could also describe them as 'weak', 'poor', or just 'bad'.

如果销售情况比你预期的要差的话,你也可以将它们描述为“weak”,“poor”或“bad”。

In sentence two, 'challenging' means something like 'difficult'.

在第二句中,“具有挑战性”的意思是“困难的”。

'Challenging market conditions' means that doing business and making sales is harder than it normally is.

“具有挑战性的市场条件”意味着开展业务和进行销售比以往更加困难。

Don't forget: the presentations contain many more examples of language you can use to describe market trends and company performance.

别忘了:这些演示包含更多可用于描述市场趋势和公司绩效的语言示例。

Review them several times and find words and phrases which you can use in your work!

复习几次,找到可以在工作中使用的单词和短语!

Thanks for watching!

感谢收看!

See you next time!

下次见啦!

 
 
本文地址:https://www.xinb2b.cn/know/wzv356131.html,转载请注明出处。

推荐图文
推荐经验知识
网站首页  |  关于我们  |  联系方式  |  使用协议  |  版权隐私  |  网站地图  |  违规举报  |  蜀ICP备18010318号-4  |  百度地图  | 
Processed in 0.022 second(s), 6 queries, Memory 2.44 M